Last Updated: April 10, 2023
1. COLLCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1. Personal information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Platform or otherwise includes:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Account information, such as the email address and password that you use to establish an online account with us, your date of birth, and other information you provide in connection with your account.
- Communications that we exchange, such as when you contact us with questions or feedback or otherwise communicate with us.
- Your posts, reviews, and other content, such as messages that you post on social media or in our community channel, videos, images, or other materials that you submit (such as in response to a casting call), reviews that you leave for our products, and other content that you provide.
- Preferences, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Survey responses, such as the answers you provide to our questionnaires and surveys.
- Order information, such as the products or services you purchase and your order history.
- Payment and transactional information, such as credit or debit card information, billing address, and shipping details.
- Job application information, such as your name, email address, LinkedIn profile, resume, and other information that you provide when you apply for a job with us through the Platform.
1.2. Personal information from third parties. We may obtain personal information about you from other sources, such as data providers (such as information services, marketing partners, and data licensors), public sources (such as social media platforms and our community channels), and business partners (such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors).
1.3. Personal information collected automatically. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Platform and other sites and online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
1.4. Referrals. You may have the opportunity to invite friends or other contacts to the Platform and share their contact information with us. Please do not provide us with someone’s contact information unless you have their permission to do so.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. To provide the Platform and our products and services. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the content, features, products, and services that you request;
- establish and maintain your account on the Platform;
- process your orders, send you receipts, and monitor your orders;
- store your information for future orders;
- remind you about items you have left in your shopping cart by sending you an email, text message, or other communication;
- communicate with you about the Platform (including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages);
- display your content or share your information with other users or the public;
- understand your interests, personalize your experience on the Platform, and deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests; and
- respond to your inquiries and requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
2.2. For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to study and improve the Platform and our business, understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, and develop new features, functionality, products, and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymized data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
2.3. For marketing and advertising. We, our business partners, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for direct marketing and interest-based advertising purposes.
- Direct marketing. We may send you Halfdays-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt-out of marketing communications” section below.
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, products and services, business, databases, and other technology assets;
- protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Platform; and
- prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask you for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
You can make the following choices with respect to your personal information.
4.1. Access or update your personal information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may access and update or correct certain account information by logging into your account, such as your contact information and shipping details. You may also contact us at [email protected].
4.2. Opt-out of marketing emails. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email and in some cases though your account. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
4.3. Opt-out of text messages. We may offer communications via text messages sent by Halfdays or any of our service providers, such as when we send you text messages to confirm and notify you about the status of an order you place with us, to remind you about items you have placed in your shopping cart (i.e., cart abandonment messages), or for any customer service, account-related, or marketing purpose. To stop receiving text messages from us, reply STOP to any text message you receive from us, or send your request and mobile telephone number to [email protected]. Note that we may send you a message to confirm receipt of your STOP request.
4.4. Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Platform and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
4.5. Advertising choices Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and are subject to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can obtain more information about these companies’ information collection practices, and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and/or the DAA’s website at www.optout.aboutads.info. You can also limit collection of your information for interest-based ads by blocking third party cookies in your browser settings or using privacy plug-ins or ad blocking software that help you block third party cookies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online, but they may be less relevant to you. Some of the third party advertising companies we work with offer their own opt-out options that you can use to limit their use of your information for interest-based advertising, including as Google (info and opt-out) and Facebook (info and opt-out). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
4.6. Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
4.7. Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
6. OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Platform may contain links to other websites, online services, trips, and promotions operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Platform is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information online, please contact us using the information in the below “CONTACTING US” section. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent as required by law, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
10. NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. CONTACTING US
Halfdays Apparel Corp.
PO Box 12003
Denver, CO 80212