Director of OperationsWho we are:
Halfdays is a fast-growing ski wear brand that exists to push the status quo of the outdoor industry. We create winter wear for women that combines fashion, technicality, and sustainability. We care about each other, having lots of fun, and bringing new people into the outdoors!
Our HQ is based in Denver, Colorado. We launch and sell our collections on our website and with our retail partners each season.
Director of Operations
We’re looking for a highly-motivated Director of Operations who wants to work in a fast-paced environment, surrounded by likeminded go-getters! The Director of Operations will be responsible for leading all back end functions, including distribution, transportation, supply chain, customer experience, and inventory planning. This person will play an integral role in growing our omni channel and direct-to-consumer business through e-commerce, wholesale, and retail channels!
Who You Are:
· You love to have fun AND have a passion for getting things done.
· You’re obsessed with continually improving processes and solving problems!
· You’re drawn to a startup environment, where ambiguity and quick decision-making are our love languages.
· You’re naturally analytical; you can synthesize complex information into concise, compelling recommendations.
· You’ve worked in a high-growth environment with constant shifting priorities; you have the ability to be reactive and organized at the same time.
· You love to think big picture and strategize, but you can also roll up your sleeves and execute any project at hand!
· You embody an “everything is figure-outable” attitude; you’re more apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try”.
· You’re kind, put others before yourself, and lead by example.
Merchandise Planning + Inventory:
· Manage and forecast inventory needs for multiple seasons and plan the allocation of units across distribution channels (retailers, DTC, pop-ups, etc.)
· Work closely with product team on merchandise planning and act as the point of contact to all wholesale / retail accounts
Fulfillment and Global Distribution:
· Develop a strategic long-term international and distribution expansion plan with leadership
· Build and invest in relationships with global retailers with the goal of long-term partnerships.
· Lead wholesale management and fulfillment by working closely with buyers and merchandisers across key retail partners to ensure timely delivery
· Work closely with our 3PL to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of all orders, coordinate freight receiving, and oversee returns processing
· Ensure excellent customer experiences are delivered across all fulfillment activities and touchpoints, including packaging and customer communications.
· Act as the main point of contact for cross-functional teams across the business to receive transparent information on receiving, shipping, timelines, and capacity.
· Negotiate key contracts and manage third-party partnerships to minimize expense and receive world-class service (i.e., transportation, packaging, shipping supplies)
Budgeting + Financial Analysis:
· Manage budget across all operational functions, including logistics, wholesale, CX, and fulfillment.
· Lead financial analysis and develop cross-functional reporting standards to communicate to operations and leadership teams.
Leadership + Customer Experience Management
· Build operations team, including supply chain, logistics, and customer experience.
· Develop training guide and onboarding plan for customer experience associates + interns.
· Oversee CX team members to ensure that support and service always meets or exceeds our brand standards.
· Work very closely with 3PL + customer experience teams to ensure optimal customer experience throughout every touchpoint.
What You'll Need:
· Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, logistics, business or a related field.
· 5-10+ years of experience in DTC, apparel, or fashion operations.
· Previous experience with ERP, PLM, and e-commerce systems in an omni-channel environment.
· Working knowledge of warehousing operations, inventory, receiving, and order processing.
· Experience with managing and launching international warehouses or 3PL partners
· Strong understanding of financial concepts related to inventory financing, financial forecasting, return on investment, etc.
Benefits & Perks:
· Health insurance for eligible employees
· “Unlimited” Paid PTO for eligible employees
· Fun, flexible, and entrepreneurial work environment
· Clothing discount, company-wide stipend for wellness activities (spend it on the Epic Pass, massages, or even fitness classes, you choose!)
Salary Range: $70,000/yr - $110,000/yr · Full-time