Halfdays is hiring a Production Associate to support the full lifecycle of Halfdays’ sustainable, ski/lifestyle outerwear, active and accessory categories from development through production and final delivery.
This role reports to our Sr PD/Production Manager and works closely with our Design and Tech teams.
Must be based in NYC for Dumbo, Brooklyn office on-site work availability.
Who we are
Halfdays is a fast-growing ski wear brand that exists to push the status quo of the outdoor industry. We create winter wear for women that combines fashion, technicality, and sustainability. We care about each other, have lots of fun, and bring new people into the outdoors!
You'll love this job if...
- You’re detail-oriented and strive for excellence
- You are a problem solver and think outside the box to find solutions
- You proactively seek opportunities to elevate the product while achieving financial goals, and enhance operational efficiency.
- You believe in fewer but better versus the fashion status quo
- You have an interest in skiing and/or enjoy the outdoors
- You’re looking to bring your experience to a growing brand and grow exponentially within it
Role Scope, Responsibilities
- Liaise with design on sourcing requests
- Ensure a precise and accurate handover of tech packs and BOMs from design, within set deadlines and key calendar dates
- Assist in collecting time and action information from vendors to ensure adherence to the product development calendar
- Track all lab dips, fabric developments, garment samples, and ensure comments are made in a timely manner to meet deliveries.
- Review all samples received to ensure that styles are of the required quality standard
- Issue and maintain all seasonal garment, fabric and trim POs
- Issue PR sample PO’s for photoshoots and communicate deliveries with Marketing.
- Attend fit sessions
- Help with Vendor Onboarding, gathering vendor information for internal set up and reviewing the shipping manuals with the vendors. Communicate and enforce Halfdays’ production, quality, and delivery requirements with all suppliers. Measure key metrics such as vendor competency, QA adherence, on time delivery rates, on time launch rates.
- Work with design to communicate product details and appropriate wash & care instructions to necessary cross functional partners.
- Follow up on delivery status on upcoming shipments and create priority ship breakdowns for any split shipments under direction of Sr PD/Production Manager
- Monitor vendor work in process and shipping exception reports, and assist with the maintenance of all Production charts.
- Partner with Design and Tech to ensure adherence to production's time and action calendar deadlines
- Partner with VP of Ops to provide freight forwarder necessary documents for inbound shipments, following delivery through customs to warehouse. Communicate delivery status with broader team ensuring visibility.
- Check invoices and proformas against POs and OCs
- Monitor and analyze per unit costs, validating fabric, trim, CM, duty rates and shipping to ensure margin goals are met and assumptions are validated
- Alert senior management and business associates on high-risk areas (QA, costing, product development, etc.), which may impact production.
- Actively participate in problem solving to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Drive for continuous improvement and the most sustainable and efficient method of production while optimizing around high-paced product delivery demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5 years of experience in Apparel Product Development and Production
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with shifting priorities; ability to multitask
- Strong cost negotiating skills combined with a detailed knowledge and understanding of garment cost breakdown
- Clear and thorough understanding of the product development and approval process
- Strong communication, negotiation skills and a team player
- Must be well-versed and quick in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Gmail/Google Drive.
- Accountable, entrepreneurial, and reliable with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Positive, open, and friendly team member
- Ability to work on both long-lead and speed-to-market product developments with agility, efficiency, and speed
- Clear and succinct communication skills, ability to translate complex technical information in an easily understood manner to overseas partners
- Highly organized and able to productively self-manage workloads and prioritize top deliverables
- Able to participate in occasional international calls with Asian vendors
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in outerwear, activewear, performance apparel or ready-to-wear in extended/plus sizes (ideally up to 4XL)
- PDM/PLM experience
- Experience as a skier or snowboarding (of any ability level)